Saturday, January 17, 2009

Prayer Requests

Prayer Requests

From Richard McGriffin (Hawaii District Superintendent/VFMA: Austria/Germany):
Please pray for the healing of my Achilles tendon.

I have a very special prayer need that if convenient, you might post to the missionary family. About a month ago I tore my right Achilles tendon and will be in a cast for 4 months. This has been a very difficult adjustment for me and has produced challenges I did not anticipate. Suffice it to say, I would appreciate the prayer covering provide by this remarkable group of laborers.
From Steve Bennett (Middle East): Please pray for my father.
My father had a heart attack Sunday night. He patiently waited, sitting in a chair for six hours, because he didn't want to wake my Mom....By the time they got to the hospital and got things sorted out...they found renewed damage to an aneurysm that was worked on a few years ago...that left him greatly weakened.

My Mom has been told that she should consider putting him in a rest home environment because he will need constant care, at least for a while...hopefully until recovered sufficiently to operate okay at home. Pray with me that he regains his strength and mental functioning sufficiently to live at home.

Update on Sister Freeman:
Today has been a little more challenging for Ouma. I went to see her last night to tuck her in around 8:15 and she was already sleeping soundly. I stopped by the nurses station for about 15 minutes to ask how Ouma had been - while standing there, Ouma called the nurse for assistance so I was able to go in and see her.

Yesterday Ouma was taken off of all anitbiotics. Last night she began wheezing and coughing while I was there. The nurse originally said it sounded just to be congestion in her throat because she had no rattle and was moving air very well. I left around 12:15 a.m. this morning.

I spoke with Sandra this morning to find out that doctors have restarted antibiotics for Ouma and are giving her Lasix to remove fluid.

She had improved and continues to do so. But while I was there last night, she was having a lot of trouble resting and her breathing was labored. She does not rest well when people are in the room so I told her I was going to leave - she asked me to stay because she did not want to be alone.

I'm glad to have stayed - we did not talk much - I just wanted her to rest. But she would wake every 10 to 15 minutes to cough or get a sip of water. So much of the night was a chore for Ouma. She was exhausted from the physical therapy she had yesterday - simple things like getting her water or kleenex was almost too much for her.

In the past hour, Sandra says Ouma seems to be doing better than yesterday and just looks tired. It does not look like Ouma will go to the Rehab hospital today. The little that Ouma and I did talk last night was encouraging. She continues to be thankful to Jesus for where she is and what she is going through. She speaks in tongues often. As she was laying in the hospital bed last night, she looked at me and said "I have been led by the Holy Ghost many years - and I am STILL led by the Holy Ghost. I am led by the Holy Ghost sitting in this bed. I am here in Jesus' Name".

There's really not anything you can add to that.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

God is so great - he has provided for us in many ways. Our son Jaymun was sent home with only weeks to live this past July.
Today his leukemia is in remission - and the only therapy we used were the plants and herbs God made.
Thanks to God, Jaymun's cancer retreated when all the medical experts said that was impossible.